Animal advocate & pet and family lifestyle specialist Coleen Paige created National Dog Day in 2004. The purpose of the awareness day is to increase awareness about the amount of dogs presently in rescue centers and to encourage the acceptance of these pets. Sadly, every year millions of dogs become homeless because they are unwanted or their owners are unable to care for them. The National Dog Day seeks to encourage individuals to take dogs from shelters and rescue organisations.
If you already have a dog and do not intend to adopt another one, you can celebrate it in other respects. For example, you can volunteer at your local shelter, donate to animal welfare organisations, spend some quality time with your dog, purchase some treats or a fresh toy, etc. National Dog Day is about offering animals with the love, empathy, respect and protection they deserve. Numerous events are held every year on the occasion of National Dog Day. In the social media, the holiday is actively promoted. Eye Catching National Dog Day Captions Instagram, Facebook 2019
All About National Dogs Day
There are so many distinct dog breeds that are acknowledged on National Dog Day. Every dog in the country is in a distinct position. There are many who have a healthy home and property in place. There are also many who operate in local groups across the U.S. as rescue dogs.
Dogs have demonstrated to be helpful in law enforcement over and over again.
Dogs assist the disabled, the mentally ill, and those who might just need a business. Still, there’s even more to serve our nation abroad through the army. There are dogs standing in uniform alongside men and women, sacrificing their lives every day to allow the rest of us to live our lives in freedom. [100 National Dog Day Facts] That You Never Knew 2019
It’s such a favorable concept that sometimes makes us forget how big dog populations actually live. Unfortunately, some dog breeds are suffering more just because they are what they are. National Dog Day is about dogs of all races. Colleen and the individuals behind the philanthropic day do not favor breed bans.
They promote prospective owners to discover their pet first through an adoption list before going through other techniques. If you’re searching for a purebred, first check out pure breed dog rescue centers to see if an animal might catch your heart. This will assist towards the objective of eliminating dogs that have to be murdered from mere overpopulation every year. Amazing Eye Catching National Dog Day Cards 2019
National Dog Day History
There is a devoted day every year that celebrates all dogs and dog enthusiasts alike. National Dog Day’s objective is to honor dogs of all types and remember that there are dogs that need to be rescued everywhere in the globe.
There are millions of dogs in the US alone who are homeless and abused. If these animals do not experience death in the streets, many of them are taken to shelters and ultimately euthanized for multiple purposes.
There are many faults in the animal shelter scheme, but either way the current scheme could handle so many animals coming in. National Dog Day was created to recognize what is missing and to encourage job to create things better for man’s best buddy. Best National Dog Day Discounts, Deals & Freebies
National Dog Day Colleen Paige
Colleen Paige, a dog advocate and all pets in particular, is central to the establishment of National Dog Day. Paige also founded several other national philanthropic days, including National Puppy Day, National Mutt Day, and National Cat Day, among many others.
Of course, the general objective for these days is to encourage animal enthusiasts everywhere to open their hearts and homes to adopt dogs that need an eternal home. The reality is there are millions more dogs that go into the scheme than dogs that are actually adopted by people and relatives. It is an unfortunate and awkward reality that needs to be addressed drastically as quickly as possible. Untapped National Dog Day USA Celebrations, Activities 2019
National Dog Day is held on the same day, August 26, every year. There’s a reason why the national day is being celebrated in August on that specific day. It is all to celebrate a memory that is important to the core of the founder.
So many years ago that day was the day when Colleen and her family adopted their first pet, Sheltie. Colleen was only 10 years old when she first met Sheltie, and the experience of adopting her first dog is something that will remain with Colleen to this day.
It could readily have been the defining time that set Colleen on the road of animal advocacy.National Dog Day was created in 2005, and more and more individuals are participating in the movement every year.
How to Celebrate National Dog Day
Happy National Dog Day Celebrations August 26th 2019 .National Dog Day is celebrated on August 26th annually and was established in 2004 by Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert and Animal Advocate Colleen Paige, also the founder of National Puppy Day, National Mutt Day and National Cat Day and many more charitable days to bring attention to the plight of pets and promote adoption. The date of August 26th is important, as it is the date that Colleen’s family adopted her first dog “Sheltie” when Colleen was 10 years old. National Dog Day UK Celebration. Events & Activities 2019
National Dog Day celebrates all dogs, blended and pure breed. Our task is to assist galvanize the public to acknowledge the amount of animals that need to be saved each year and acknowledge family dogs and dogs that operate selflessly every day to save life, maintain us secure and bring comfort. Every day dogs placed their life on the line. Amazing National Dog Day Contests August 26th 2019
For personal protection, for law enforcement, for the disabled, for our freedom and security by detecting bombs and drugs and pulling victims of tragedy from the wreckage, now they are detecting cancer and seizures… things even humans can’t do. NDD was enacted in New York State legislation in 2013.
National Dog Day is against any sort of “breed prohibition.” Dogs should not have to lose their lives because of the atrocities they were forced to endure in the hands of man. And while we think that American’s have the constitutional right to buy a pure breed dog, we heavily discourage purchasing dogs from pet stores provided by puppy mills, backyard breeders, internet and newspaper advertisements. Rather, we promote those seeking fresh canine companions to consider first choosing adoption. Top 70 National Dog Day Clip Art, Vector Graphics, Illustrations 2019
In the event that you’d like a pure breed dog, investigate your city’s pure breed salvage to check whether they may have a little textured soul simply hanging tight to complete your life. Another phenomenal spot to find a new closest companion is in huge chain pet shops that host reception drives for neighborhood safe houses and safeguards. Top 12 Amazing National Dog Day Activities August 26th 2019
When thinking about acquiring from a breeder, affirm that you’re obtaining from a respectable breeder by looking at their authorizing, web surveys and requesting neighborhood references, for example, from a veterinarian. It’s fundamental to advise yourself about the breed you’re thinking about as a parent.
“Millions of dogs are killed every year because they’re simply unwanted,” says Colleen Paige, founder of National Dog Day. “They’re unwanted because no one realized how to properly care for the race’s demands.
They’re unwanted because they’ve been bought as a Christmas gift for a child who didn’t keep their commitments to care for the dog unwanted because they shed too much. Amazing National Dog Day Australia Celebration & Activities 2019
UNWANTED simply on the grounds that somebody altered their perspective. Each of the a dog needs to do is love you and be cherished by you. Dogs are stunning, gallant, delicate and conscious creatures that merit sympathy and regard. If it’s not too much trouble consider bringing what was once thought to be “undesirable love”, into your heart and home on National Dog Day!” National Dog Day Canada Events, Activities, Celebrations 2019
For dogs adopted on August 26th, National Dog Day becomes many a dog’s birthday and for all dogs, it’s as famous and interesting as the Super Bowl, with the anticipation of the day culminating in an explosion of network news stories, domestic TV show segments, online videos, shelter activities, internet pictures and K9 parties scheduled around the globe! Even people who are not dog owners will be urged on August 26 to donate $5 to their local shelter or rescue.
National Dog Day Activities
Friday the 26th of August is the National Dog Week. There are lots of stuff you can do to celebrate National Dog Day. Why prevent one day? Make this National Dog Weekend! Read on to check out this list of the top 10 suggestions on how to celebrate Pooches across the nation. Amazing National Dog Day Australia Celebration & Activities 2019
1) Volunteer at a local shelter: Share your love of pets at your local shelter, cats and dogs alike. Shelters and pets in shelters would appreciate a hand for 1⁄2 hour, half a day or more. Don’t feel intimidated because you’re not an experienced dog guy. On the other end of a leash, there are 4 feet and a tail waiting to go on a stroll, be rubbed on the head. Amazing National Dog Day Contests August 26th 2019
Spending time with a dog saved can pay you back with a smile, sloppy kisses and more. If hand on isn’t your kibble cup, helpers are often valued for office work, laundry, dishes, housekeeping, painting, unique activities, animal feeding, and many more significant duties.
You need to prepare yourself to work hard, spend your time, and possibly cope with pets that are sick or abused before you do any voluntary job. Call, visit their website, or personally visit the refuge. See what the atmosphere is like and see how healthy and happy the animals seem to be.Amazing Eye Catching National Dog Day Cards 2019
If you still believe this is the correct location for you, ask for a volunteer application. Most shelters will offer you a fill-out form along with a list of fundamental rules. Don’t be afraid! Ask the employees about any issues you have about volunteering.
2) Visit a National Park -Free Admission August 25 through 28: The last complete week in August celebrates the birthday of the National Park Service. Here is a list of national parks that enable well-behaved, regulated pet dogs. Please reach out before you go under the laws and regulations of the park you have in mind. National Dog day Memes
Here are Some of the Best Dog Friendly National Parks:
⦁ Acadia National Park. Maine
⦁ Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Cleavland OHio
⦁ Grand Canyon National Park. Northern Arizona
⦁ Great Sand Dunes National Park. Southern Colorado
⦁ Hot Springs National Park. Arkansas
⦁ Mammoth Cave National Park. Kentucky
⦁ Shenandoah National Park Virginia
3) Visit a small local dog parks: Some are really unique, some are merely dog friendly. It’s a wonderful place to meet like minded individuals and enable your dog to frolic with other canines.
4) So you’re a resident of the town. Hope isn’t lost. Many parks in bigger towns will only have parts of the park for dogs. Here are just 2 instances of NYC dog operations. Check out Prospect Park Dog Beach or Water4Dogs that enables you to swim with your dog. Check out this list of New York City Dog Hot spots as well. I’m sure your town may have comparable offers.
5) Go shopping together in Abercrombie and Fitch, a pet-friendly shop, Ross, Bath and Body Works, Lowes Home Depot, Pottery Barn, Nordstrom, Old Navy and many more shops enable well-behaved dogs. You can mostly visit any pet shop at Course. Visit a pet store where you can pick up a treat from your dog.
6) Enjoy the simple pleasure of riding with open or top-down windows.
7) Make a doggie playdate with the dog of a friend.
8) Play in the sprinklers.
9) Eat on the patio at a dog-friendly restaurant.
10) Take a Trip to a Pet Friendly Hotel. DOGGYWOOD
11) Make Homemade Dog Treats
12) Play, run, or nap with your dog (or all three)
National Dog Day Captions
If you’re a person presently residing on this planet who has a doggie, you know there’s no other kind of love in the globe like it— who else can give us such pleasure when we need it most after a lengthy day?
Sometimes our furry friends are better than our human friends, as animals can teach us unconditional love, patience, and happiness in the easy elements of life. So it only makes sense that there would be a whole day devoted to celebrating dogs— August 26, that very day, is coming up quickly, so you’d better begin preparing your funny National Dog Day Instagram captions now. (Or if you are yourself without a dog, your news feeds are prepared to receive the outpouring of other people’s pets.)
Because the reality is, what is National Dog Day if not an excuse to flood the feeds of everybody with pictures of your puppet? There are no “Instagram rules” on a holiday like this one— whether you decide to post a picture or 50, a full slideshow, or a half-hour Instagram Stories, August 26 is a day where dog content reigns supreme. Just make sure that you think of some interesting phrases that will make everyone enjoy your pooch and display some wit.
National Dog Day Cards
There isn’t a single person on this earth who hates dogs. They are one of the best creature of the world by God. We have collected and compiled the best Dog day cards for you which you can share with your friends and family. These dog day cards are high quality, amazing and looks realistic. You can make these cards at home on world dog day 26th August 2019. National Dog Day stands as one of our favorite holidays, so we’ve made a complete list of all our favorite cards and we have shared them with lots of love
National Dog Day Celebrations
Mark your calendar on Monday, August 26, 2019 as America comes to dogs on National Dog Day.
National Dog Day was established by the National Dog Day Foundation in a mission to encourage the acceptance of rescue dogs and assist coast-to-coast local pet shelters. Their slogan? “Saving 10,000 Dogs, one day at a time.”
Since 2004, the foundation has saved the lives of more than 100,000 furry critics, and today the celebration of National Dog Day has traveled thousands of miles on the same day with similar celebrations taking place in the UK, Italy, New Zealand, Australia, Spain and Canada.
In addition to providing love and companionship, dogs are “man’s greatest friend” in numerous other respects— protecting our homes, guiding the blind, acting heroically in times of conflict, or helping in search and rescue missions.
If you missed it, it’s National Dog Day today!!! How can you celebrate your pup on this most important holiday? Here are a few ways you can let your BFF know they mean the world to you.
1. Go play outside!
Frolic with your dog in the fresh air. There are galore games you can play ; attempt something fresh and you’ll both be happy you’ve played.
2. Treats treats treeeeeeats!!!
There are choices out there for every type of pup, from those looking for a shinier coat to those on a diet.
3. Chews, toys, and chew toys
Heavy chewer or soft nibbler, active go-getter or sofa tater — give something for your pet to have fun with.
4. Hugs and kisses and snuggles, oh my.
Give them a squeeze and let them slobber all they want today. It is great for your health!
5. Extreme doghouse makeover. Or not – so-extreme. There are lots of small modifications you can make at home to upgrade the quality of life of your dog.
6. Indulge in a guilty pleasure.
Today no dog is shaming! It’s the ideal moment for a sandwich or some ice cream to reach the drive-thru!
7. Make them Internet famous.
Start by sharing your adorability on BarkFeed!
8. Adopt or foster.
Make a new friend today, and help save a dog in need. Can’t do any of these stuff today? Here’s an official apawlogy you can use to make it up for them.
National Dog Day Events
Take a dog. In most counties, there are local shelters that pick up strays or take pets that have been abandoned or abandoned. Visit your shelter to pick up a fresh partner.
Donate to one of many organisations that assist pets in need, such as the Humane Society or the ASPCA. You can also donate to your local animal shelter blankets, pet food and toys.
Volunteer your time in your local animal rescue shelter. Most shelters work with volunteers. There is always a need to assist walking, feeding, playing and cleaning up after the pets.
Sign up your dog for dog training courses. There are many choices, including confirmation, obedience, rally, hunting, agility, and utility.
Watch a movie about dogs from all walks of life. Our favorites are:
– Air Bud (1996)
– 101 Dalmatians (1996)
– Beethoven (1992)
– Marley and Me (2008)
Our furry friends always seem to create our day, so we were ecstatic when we discovered out about National Dog Day! Below is a list of all dog-friendly locations in McAllen to enjoy THIS SUNDAY and every day, why not?
Dog-friendly Coffee Shops in McAllen
There’s nothing better than enjoying an iced latte on a scorching warm day with newly cooked espresso … with your furry buddy! One of McAllen’s great things is the amount of coffee shops with dog-friendly outdoor seating / patios! Check out the list below:
– Coffee with Companions – Upas and 10th St.
This place is basically dog heaven on Earth! As if coffee wasn’t enough to entice you, their patio is extremely spacious and inviting!
– Moonbeans Coffee – 10th St. and Dove
Freshly roasted coffee is one of the benefits you get from Moonbeans Coffee. Another is their outdoor seating and doggie bowls to keep your dog hydrated too!
– Semilla Coffee Lab – Violet and 10th St. (behind Enterprise)
Semilla is renowned for its contemporary twist on traditional coffee beverages, some of which include tragos. They also have some outdoor seating accessible for you and your pups!
– PJ Pies – McColl and Dove
An indoor patio, freshly roasted coffee and mouth-watering pies. Enough said!
– Reserva Coffee Roasters – Ware Rd. and Expressway
– McAllen Restaurants with Outdoor Patios
McAllen also has several local restaurants with outdoor seating. Your pups are more than welcome to relax with you as you enjoy lunch al fresco. Here are a few locations where your fur children are welcome:
– Roosevelt’s at 7 – Main Ave. and Ivy Ave.
Dinner, beer, wine, games and outdoor seating? It’s a puppy party!
– Nuri – 10th St. and Trenton
Nuri offers Mexican/Korean fusion dishes with a nicely-lit patio to set the mood.
– Tony Roma’s – S. 10th St. & Wichita
Renowned for its ribs and Roma-ritas, Tony Roma’s is a family-friendly restaurant that also has an indoor patio for your pup!
– Bodega Kitchen & Tavern – Harvey and 10th St.
With a vibrant atmosphere, incredible entrances and one-of – a-kind cocktails, this outdoor patio is a BONUS.
– Grain to Glass – 23rd and Mona Ave.
Crafted beer, comfortable food and wine! They have plenty of outdoor seating, so round up your friends and pups and have fun!
– Motöramen – 10th St. and Maple (Behind Emporio)
You’ll discover the finest noodles in McAllen here! Even though they’re closed on Sundays, Motöramen is always dog friendly and they even make them a puppy bowl for free!
– Dog-Friendly Parks in McAllen
Sometimes, taking your dogs out to the park is really all they need to have fun. Here are some places to enjoy!
– Oval Park – Ware Rd. and Expressway 83
Located straight outside the McAllen Convention Center, this park is the ideal place to have a picnic with your four-legged pups! Bring a blanket, pack a few snacks and appreciate!McAllen Food
– Park – Ash Ave. and Old 83
This food park has some large town vibes and is the ideal place to have a casual dinner!
– McAllen Dog Park – Tamarack and N Col. Rowe Rd.
A place where your pups can roam freely in the globe without worrying. Isn’t that what they really want? For that, this location is PERFECT! Get them a pup cake and celebrate their day on their turf!
We Want to Celebrate with You!
Wherever you end up celebrating National Dog Day, make sure you snap some pictures and TAG US! We enjoy sharing your pics on Instagram, so monitor the tag #ExploreMcAllen every day. Use it in your hashtags to share and tweet your selfies on Twitter! Explorers, enjoy your day with your wrath favours!
National Dog Day Facts
A career as a veterinarian or veterinary assistant is a wonderful way to assist pets. We wanted to share some fun facts about Man’s Best Friend in honor of National Dog Day.
- Newfoundlands have a water-resistant coat and webbed feet. They were initially bred to assist fishermen haul nets and rescue individuals from drowning.
- Paul McCartney recorded an ultrasonic whistle that only animals can hear at the end of the Beatles song, “A Day in Life.”
- Why dogs chase their tails? Sometimes it’s because they’re curious or they need practice, but it can also be a sign of anxiety or fleas! If your dog does a lot, speak to your vet.
- See places… or not! Dalmatian puppies are born pure white and grow their places as they grow older.
- Do dogs dream? Yup! Dogs and humans have the same kind of cycles of sleep. That twitching and pawing motions are indications that your pet is dreaming.
- Hot dog! The standard temperature of a dog is between 101 and 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit!
- Speaking of hot… did you understand that dogs only sweat through their feet’s pads?
- A dog’s sense of smell is 10,000–100,000 times better than yours.
- Why are they doing that? When dogs kick after going to the bathroom, they use the scent glands on their paws to further label their territory.
- Dogs curl up in a ball when they sleep because of an age-old instinct to maintain hot and defend their essential organs from predators.
- The average dog is as intelligent as a two-year-old kid.
- There is a dog-shaped building in New Zealand.
- If they were not spayed or neutered, a female dog, her mate and her puppies could generate more than 66,000 dogs in 6 years!
- Like humans, Chihuahuas are born with a smooth place on their heads that closes as they grow older.
- The Lundehune breed has 6 fingers and can close its ears.
- Teddy Roosevelt’s dog, Pete, ripped off the trousers of a French ambassador at the White House.
- Approximately 1 million dogs in the U.S. have been appointed main beneficiaries in the will of their owner.
- Dog’s nose prints are just as precise as human fingerprints and can be used to define them.
- The word “raining cats and dogs” originated from England in the 17th century when it is thought that many cats and dogs drowned during heavy rainy seasons.
- In dog care, the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts are offering merit badges.
National Dog Day Hashtags
Aug. 26 is National Dog Day and canines across America are showing their puppy pride with the hashtag on Instagram (and beyond). #partydog.
All kinds of pups have come up for this celebration. Let’s check who’s on the VIP list.
Latest assessment demonstrates that around 95 million pictures are uploaded to Instagram every day–and increasing.
And you can bet a nice proportion of them features our favourite topic: DOGS!
It’s a hard gig to get your dog pics, posts or stories seen by anyone outside your instant social circle.
Whether it’s your private pet pictures or wanting to promote your dog-related company, the reality is that we’re competing with tens of millions of individuals around the globe.
Hashtags are, of course, the key to achieving an audience on Instagram and Twitter, and to a lesser degree on Facebook.
Another way to get excellent exposure is to be featured on the Instagram profile of a famous curator. These are basically very big accounts (at least worth paying attention to) that have a lot of power to offer you important exposure if they select your picture and link back to your profile–possibly sending you loads of fresh supporters.
Of course, your posts and photos need to be of high quality to be worthy of attention. That implies creative thinking when photographing your (or other) animals and posting something outside the normal “phone snapshot”–that is, photos that will make individuals stop and look twice so you can stand out from the large Instagram crowd.
If your photos (or artwork, or anything else) aren’t interesting, eye-catching, and somewhat unique, all the world’s hashtags won’t be of much advantage at all!
So let’s suppose you’ve got great pictures ready to share and plan to produce many more in the future – getting those hashtags to make or break the exposure you get, whether it’s your own dog, dogs you’ve got for adoption, your grooming customers or other dog associated company, or as a professional pet photographer attempting to get exposure.
If you’re a little more serious about your dog pictures and you’re using a specialized camera rather than just a phone to take pictures you want to share, then targeting individuals with your hashtags who have a particular interest in photography can assist get your pics out there to a broader crowd – and even assist you make a name for yourself.
National Dog Day Images
National Dog Day Instagram
And that implies millions of sweet, loving pups around the globe will be celebrating and playing with their owners and families forever. But if you don’t have a little furball at home to demonstrate some love, “GMA” has covered you with six of the cutest, most inspirational dogs around.
They’re also kind of uber famous, but don’t worry they aren’t little divas. Instead, these animals are sure to “melt your heart.” In reality, they’re all represented by The Dog Agency, the first talent management agency to represent solely pet influencers and some of the most down-to-earth, humble pups. These pups still do tricks for treatments, no matter how many Instagram supporters they have.
“Some of them are funny, some are snuggly, some are heartwarming, some are courageous, but all of them maintain us coming back to see more of their life every day!” says Loni Edwards, founder of The Dog Agency, “GMA.” “They also have to be nice to their audience. We constitute influencers who get personal with their fans and have incredible commitment.
National Dog Day Poem
We can learn a lot from our pets – how to live in the moment, how to relax, how to have fun, how to embrace ourselves, how to feel satisfied with what we have, how to be faithful, how to be reliable and how to love unconditionally. If we were more like dogs, we’d be better human beings.
Ode to a corgi met in Ballyrisode
Sausage roll dog,
fluff ball of caramel pastry,
stumpy squat legs,
stub of tail,
sat on the pebbly shore
staring from us to sea.
Do you want us to
throw a ball in the
still ocean, so
splashing and dripping you
Do you want us to
launch a boat on the
wide water, so
dashing and yipping you
Eager eyes, patient
sadly, I feel we have
Saturday is National Dog Day, held every year to honor the best friend of man (and woman). The day is also celebrated to highlight the plight of animals that still need to be saved and to encourage adoption, according to the website of the holiday.
The website shows the attempts that dogs put in to assist people. Dogs “work selflessly every day to save life, maintain us secure, and bring comfort,” states the website.
Colleen Paige, National Dog Day founder, claims: “Every year, millions of dogs are murdered because they are merely unwanted. They are unwanted because no one knew how to correctly take care of the breed’s requirements. They’re unwanted because they’ve been bought as a Christmas gift for a child who didn’t keep their commitments to care for the dog… unwanted because they shed too much… unwanted because they bark too much.
Simply because someone changed their mind. All a dog wants to do is love you and be loved by you. Dogs are amazing, courageous, sensitive and sentient beings that deserve compassion and respect. Please consider bringing what was once considered ‘unwanted love,’ into your heart and home on National Dog Day!”
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” — Josh Billings
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” — Roger Caras
- “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” — M.K. Clinton
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” — Charles M. Schulz
- “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” — Charles de Gaulle
- “Dogs don’t rationalize. They don’t hold anything against a person. They don’t see the outside of a human but the inside of a human.” — Cesar Millan
- “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” — Johnny Depp
- “Why does watching a dog be a dog fill one with happiness?” — Jonathan Safran Foer
- “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive.” — Gilda Radner
- “A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad.” — Robert Wagner
- “When an 85 pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad.” — Kristan Higgins
- “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” — Dean Koontz
- “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” — Woodrow Wilson
Paige, a pet and family lifestyle specialist and animal advocate, marked the day to celebrate our furry friends for the first time in 2004. Below are some quotes to remember about dogs:
1. “Whoever said you can’t buy happiness forgot little puppies.” — Gene Hill
2. “Buy a pup and your money will buy love unflinching.” — Rudyard Kipling
3. “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” ― Mark Twain
4. “A hound will die for you, but never lie to you.” ― George R.R. Martin
5. “Happiness is a warm puppy.” ― Charles M. Schulz
6. “When an 85-pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad.” ― Kristan Higgins
7. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” ― M.K. Clinton
8. “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” — Woodrow Wilson
9. “If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.” ― James Thurber
10. “What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”—Dwight D. Eisenhower
11. “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.” ― Christopher Morley
12. “We may have pets, but when it comes to unconditional love, they are the masters.” ― Donald L. Hicks
13. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole” ― Roger Caras
14. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” ― Josh Billings
15. “You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” ― W. Bruce Cameron
16. “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.” ― Marilyn Monroe
17. “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring — it was peace.” ― Milan Kundera
18. “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” ― Will Rogers
19. “It’s just the most amazing thing to love a dog, isn’t it? It makes our relationships with people seem as boring as a bowl of oatmeal.” ― John Grogan
20. “The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be much esteemed were it not so common. Our Lord God has made His greatest gifts the commonest.” ― Martin Luther